Translate

Saturday, June 10, 2023

The Circular Church in Charleston

By Robert Carlson   [Lens4anEye]

I was in Charleston to get photographs of the city and its culture. I had driven there and had Savannah, GA as my next way-point on a circuit. I checked into a motel and went out to peruse the area and decide what my subject for the next day would be.

The sign said "Circular Church" so I stopped and looked around. The establishment was quite old and included a cemetery with equally old grave markers. They were tall and thin mostly gray stone tablets with archaic spelling and skeleton figures. View the entire Album at this link.

Click Here for Larger Image
Click Here for Larger Image

Click Here for Larger Image

 

The church yard was full of similar markers and the location quite placid. It was the architecture of the church itself which caught my eye. The round sections all clustered into one larger composition made for a unique (to my eye) view. 

The Circular Church in Charleston

I spent the afternoon of the first day there and returned the morning of the next to get a variety of exposures. Then I moved on to explore more of the famous city with the Battery and parks.


Images by Robert Carlson -- Copyright 2008-2023 -- Pictures hosted at ClickaSnap.com

Profile name: Len4anEye









No comments: